Hi Dee Hi and Happy Fall Central Park Families,
I hope this newsletter finds you well and warm! My family recently took a short drive up to Warwick, NY to go apple picking. The drive up was glorious with foliage just beginning to turn. The temperature was mild and I was super comfortable in my favorite hoodie. We picked far more apples than we could eat and ate apple pie for days. It was amazing. We are looking forward to some closer-to-home Fall activities in the next couple weeks! Here are just a few:
- The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze at Van Cortlandt Manor
- Boo at the Zoo
- Hike in Van Cortlandt Park
- Fall Foliage Hike in Central Park, November 20 @W 100th, 1pm
- Ice Skating at Bryant Park
- Lay the pine cone on it side.
- Take one big piece of air dry clay – make it onto the ball and stick it to the pointy end of the pine cone. Shape into a head.
- Make eyes with a pencil and a small ball for a nose.
- Make 4 smaller balls and attach to the sides for legs.
- Let dry.
- Paint, if desired.
Autumn Leaf People
Materials: Toilet Paper rolls, leaves, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, gems/buttons/pompoms, paint, glue
- Paint your toilet roll and let dry.
- Take your leaf and draw a face on it. Stick on some googly eyes.
- When your toilet roll is dry, poke holes in the sides and add pipe cleaners or sticks to make arms.
- Glue your leaf face onto your toilet roll.
- Embellish with mini-buttons, mini pom poms or jewels as buttons down his front.
- Name your little leaf person!